1. Senator Reverend Ruben Diaz was congratulated with a
district-wide mailing by 1199SEIU for standing up for patients and caregivers: "Senator Ruben Diaz was one of a handful of leaders who took a stand and voted
to protect quality health care."
2. Senator Reverend Ruben Diaz continued to spearhead legislation and provide services for senior citizens to have opportunities to
stay engaged in their communities and participate in programs that keep them healthy.
3. Senator Reverend Ruben Diaz was called a Profile in
Courage in an April Daily News editorial for "introducing
revolutionary bills that would elevate the interests of New York school
children over the hidebound, destructive contract rights of teachers."
4. Senator Reverend Ruben Diaz received the 2010 Lifetime
Achievement Recognition from the Puerto Rican Day Parade Committee.
5. Senator Reverend Ruben Diaz was the ONLY
currently-elected official in New York State to condemn the killing of an
unarmed man, Defarra Gaymon.
6. Senator Reverend Ruben Diaz held a prayerful and peaceful
demonstration of solidarity against the racial abuse of Mexicans and immigrants
in Staten Island.
7. Senator Reverend Ruben Diaz stood strong against
legislation to increase SUNY tuition.